Although there are other organizations that certify individuals as being competent in the inspection and testing aspects of NFPA 25, ASSE International developed the ASSE 15000 certification program to raise the bar for fire protection industry personnel and ensure public safety. Individuals who are certified to ASSE 15010 have the ability to knowledgeably and skillfully inspect, test, and maintain water-based fire protection systems to the satisfaction of the fire protection industry and beyond the minimum requirements of NFPA 25.
The evaluation of fire protection systems for conformance to codes and standards, and determining if a sprinkler system is adequate based on building evaluations and uses, is beyond the scope NFPA 25. A person certified to ASSE 15010 will have the qualifications to perform such evaluations, in consultation with a licensed engineer in some states.
This new AFSA course includes:
- 40 of the 80 required ITM training hours to be eligible for ASSE 15010 certification
- Delivered by ASSE-approved instructors, as required for certification
- Practical (hands-on) certification examination to include performing
- full-flow trip test of a dry pipe system
- trip test of a preaction system
- main drain test
- full flow test on a diesel or electric-driven fire pump
- Written certification examination
- Approved proctors for both exams, as required by ASSE for certification
- Exam fees required for ASSE certification
- Instruction delivered at an ASSE-approved lab, as required for certification
- Evaluation and verification of certification prerequisites, as required by ASSE
- Verification of work experience and prior training
*AFSA is an ASSE Approved Provider of the 15010 Certification Course*
- Student must verify minimum of 5 years documented practical experience in the fire sprinkler industry.
- Student must be able to show copies of relevant certifications, licenses, credentials, etc.
“Successful completion of a minimum 80-hour training course on inspection, testing, and maintenance of water-based fire protection systems encompassing all aspects of ASSE Standard 15010.”
- Student must show at least 40 hours of completed training to satisfy the requirement as defined in Sect. 10-5.1.3 of ASSE Standard 15010:
This AFSA course will provide 40 hours. You must include documentation of the additional hours to meet the 80-hour minimum.
- Student must have access to an electronic device for the class, such as a tablet or laptop.
- Students must have digital versions of the following standards: NFPA 13, NFPA 11, NFPA 14, NFPA 20, NFPA 22, and NFPA 25.
*This description was adopted from the ASSE International website. Please refer to the ASSE 15010 Water-Based Fire Protection Certification page for complete details.*
AFSA Member: $1,950 Non-Member: $2,500
Join us today to receive the member rate and secure your spot.
Up to 30 days prior: Refund minus $150
Up to 14 days prior: 50% Refund
Within 14 days: NO REFUND
Up to 30 days prior: $150 Rescheduling fee
Up to 14 days prior: $300 Rescheduling fee
Within 14 days: $500 Rescheduling fee
Residence Inn Philadelphia West Chester/Exton
10 N Pottstown Pike
Exton, Pennsylvania 19341
Special AFSA Group Rate: $89 / night + tax (single)
Book Your Group Rate for the AFSA Training Course for ASSE 15010 Certification
Accommodations, food, travel arrangements, etc. are not included in registration fee.
Please DO NOT make travel arrangements until your registration has been confirmed by EMAIL or FAX by AFSA.
LOGIN for AVAILABILITY!