Join AFSA for its inaugural Capitol Hill Day
October 4, 2018
Facilitated by AFSA’s Legislative Committee, the program seeks to harness the tremendous power of fire sprinkler industry representatives delivering a unified message to Congress to affect positive change.
Prior to arriving at Capitol Hill Day, participants will receive an agenda with their appointments (made by AFSA), talking points, background information, and training. AFSA will setup a “Command Center” at Capitol Hill to provide onsite troubleshooting, information, and logistical assistance. After prepping for their meetings, participants will depart for Capitol Hill for face-to-face meetings with Senators and Representatives and their staff on issues, such as home fire sprinkler legislation, apprenticeship, and infrastructure spending.
Interested in participating in AFSA's inaugural Capitol Hill Day?
Here's an idea of what you can expect.
Wednesday, October 3
- Two-hour seminar at AFSA37, including:
- Training on what to expect during your visit to the Hill with role play
- Talking points on legislative priorities
- Transportation provided from the Gaylord National to the Courtyard by Marriott Capitol Hill, the official Capitol Hill Day headquarter hotel
Thursday, October 4
- Transportation provided to the Capitol Building from Courtyard by Marriott Capitol Hill
- Photo opportunity on the stairs of Capitol Hill
- Up to three appointments with your elected officials
Interested in participating in AFSA's Capitol Hill Day?
Fill out our planning survey.