Skip to main content
Top of the Page
American Fire Sprinkler Association
Find a Member
Industry Buyer's Guide
Board of Directors
Free Trial Membership
Chapter Resource Center
AFSA Next Generation
Quality Contractor Program
Tech Update Newsletter
NICET Prep (Fire Tech Productions)
Residential Installation Techniques
Student Certificate / ID Card Reprint
Processing, Shipping & Returns
COVID-19 Toolbox Talks
COVID-19 State Information
COVID-19 Legal Resources
Facts and Figures
Renew / Update
Subscribe to SA Weekly News
How It Works
Call for Trainers
AFSA Fitter Zone
NICET Prep (Fire Tech Productions) Members Only
ITM Inspector Development Program
Share this page
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
AFSA Beginning Fire Sprinkler System Planning School FL
Join AFSA for our first Beginning Fire Sprinkler System Planning School in Tampa, FL! The System Planning School presents a comprehensive, practical approach to preparing fire sprinkler system drawings. Students receive two full weeks of instruction, 60% of which is study and review of NFPA 13 (2019 Ed.). The other 40% is preparation of fire sprinkler system layout, shop drawings and hydraulic calculations.
The school is designed to train a beginner to be productive immediately upon returning to work. This class is designed for those with no experience, or those who need assistance with design. The students learn by actually planning and drawing sprinkler systems while studying and applying NFPA 13 (2019 Ed.)
This school will prepare the student to:
Accelerate the comprehension of plans and various types of building construction for proper sprinkler spacing applications.
Determine the proper and economic planning of sprinkler system layout and installation methods.
Know the importance of sprinkler specifications, types of pipe, hangers, fittings, flow tests, etc.
Learn to develop shop drawings from start to finish.
Learn to coordinate with other trades - plumbing, mechanical, structural and electrical.
Perform manual hydraulic calculations. This prepares the student for an easier decision-making process when using a computer to perform hydraulics.
Prepare shop drawings in class for projects with different applications.
Registration for non-members opens 6 weeks before the first day of each session.
Join us today
to receive the member rate and secure your spot.
Up to 30 days prior: Refund minus $150
Up to 14 days prior: 50% Refund
Within 14 days: NO REFUND
Up to 30 days prior: $150 Rescheduling fee
Up to 14 days prior: $300 Rescheduling fee
Within 14 days: $500 Rescheduling fee
Please note that masks are required to be worn during class and in all other public areas of the hotel.
Hotel and Class Location:
Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Ybor Historic District
1700 E 9th Ave,
Tampa, FL 33605
Special AFSA Group Rate
: $129 / night + tax (single)
Book Your Group Rate for the AFSA BFSSPS
Accommodations, food, travel arrangements, etc. are
Book by 01/08/2021
make travel arrangements until your registration has been confirmed by EMAIL or FAX by AFSA.
LOGIN for AVAILABILITY!
1/18/2021 - 1/29/2021
1700 E 9th Avenue Tampa, FL 33605 UNITED STATES
Create a new account
Back to Top