In April 2019 the NFPA appointed a technical committee to develop a new Standard on Remote Inspections. Since August 2019 the committee has held several development meetings to create a document for public review. This webinar will describe the scope of the proposed standard and present the basic content as it currently exists. Remote inspection methodologies, the types of systems and components proposed to be used, file formats, record collection, and record retention will all be discussed. Although applying NFPA 915 to water-based fire protection systems was not initially considered, there is now consideration for including them in the standard.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
1. Describe the scope and purpose for the new NFPA 915 standard "Remote Inspections".
2. Explain what AHJs are expecting in the way of guidance from this new NFPA document.
3. Illustrate the types of devices that can be used to perform remote inspections.
4. Discuss the various options with the AHJ for using remote inspection technology.
Senior Manager of Industry Relations
JCI/Grinnell Fire Protection Solutions
- The webinar connection and content is FREE to all AFSA members.
- The non-member rate is $270.
- This webinar offers 0.15 CEUs and 1.5 CPDs.
- This webinar does not offer CAL FIRE-approved CEUs.
- There is a nominal fee of $35 for CEUs (per person).
If you register someone else that is not currently in the system, you MUST provide their email address for access to log in and to receive CE Credits.