This webinar will define backflow configurations typical to the fire protection industry. The presentation will also discuss the importance of pressure loss and water flow curves and how they impact fire protection systems. The final discussion will be on the difference between backflow certification and forward flow testing, including changes coming to the 2022 edition of NFPA 13, Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
1. Identify low hazard vs high hazard in backflow applications.
2. Identify differences between double check valves and reduced pressure double check valves.
3. Define who the Foundation for Cross Connection Control and Hydraulic Research at the University of Southern California (USC) is and the importance of pressure loss, water flow rate curves, and approvals.
4. Identify the difference between backflow forward testing and back flow certification.
| Scott Monroe
Business Development Manager
|John Denhardt, P.E., FSFPE
Vice President of Engineering & Technical Services
American Fire Sprinkler Association
- The webinar connection and content is FREE to all AFSA members.
- The non-member rate is $270.
- This webinar offers 0.10 CEUs and 1.0 CPDs.
- This webinar does not offer CAL FIRE-approved CEUs.
- There is a nominal fee of $35 for CEUs (per person).
If you register someone else that is not currently in the system, you MUST provide their email address for access to log in and to receive CE Credits.