The 2019 edition of NFPA 13 reorganizes the requirements for the protection of storage in a completely new way. A thorough review of the new chapter dealing with in-rack sprinkler protection will also be included.
Upon completion of this webinar attendees will be able to:
1. Explain the reorganization of NFPA 13 for the protection of storage
2. Locate and apply the general requirements for storage protection
3. Locate and apply the requirements for storage occupancies
4. Locate and apply the requirements for the use of in-rack sprinkler protection
Russell Leavitt, CFPS, SET
Russ Leavitt is the executive chairman of Telgian Holdings, Inc. A graduate of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Leavitt holds a Level IV certification from NICET in Water-Based Systems Layout, and is a Certified Fire Protection Specialist. He is a licensed contractor with over 39 years of experience in the design, installation, and testing of fire protection systems. Leavitt currently serves on the NFPA board of directors as second vice chair, and as chair of the Technical Committee on Sprinkler System Discharge Criteria. He also sits on a number of other NFPA committees including the NFPA 13 Installation Technical Committee and the NFPA 25 Technical Committee. Russ is a senior instructor for AFSA, FireSmarts, NFPA, and has authored a number of articles and training materials, including AFSA's ITM Inspector Development Program and online hydraulic calculations series.
The webinar connection and content is FREE to all AFSA members. CEUs for this webinar are complimentary to all AFSA Members!
- This webinar offers 0.15 CEUs and 1.5 CPDs.
- This webinar does not offer CAL FIRE-approved CEUs.
- The non-member rate is $120.
If you register someone else that is not currently in the system, you MUST provide their email address for access to log in and to receive CE Credits.