There are criteria within NFPA 13 that leaves many wondering what is actually required. Whether it’s a tortured sentence or simply poor directions, you have to figure it out. For example, when the aisles between racks are too narrow, we are to treat it as a multiple row rack. What does that tell us regarding the placement of in-rack sprinklers? Other installation topics will include obstruction rules for CMSA, concealed spaces with TJIs, and floating clouds. A discussion on design topics will include when the definitions for commodity classification do not apply, going up the design curves, and the owner’s certificate.
Kevin Hall, PE, MSFPE
Kevin Hall, PE, MSFPE joined AFSA in 2020 as the Coordinator of Engineering and Technical Services. He is a registered professional engineer in the states of Maryland and Delaware and has earned a Bachelor of Science and a Master of Engineering in Fire Protection Engineering from the University of Maryland, College Park. He is an active member of the Society of Fire Protection Engineers (SFPE) serving on the Emerging Professionals in SFPE standing committee and the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) serving on numerous technical committees. Additionally, Kevin stays involved on several UL Standard Technical Panels and has previously served as the Committee Manager for ISO/TC 21/SC 5 for fixed-firefighting systems using water. Prior to his association and committee work, Kevin worked for Reliance Fire Protection in Baltimore, Maryland as a project manager for seven years overseeing projects of various size and complexity for the Contract’s Division.
- AFSA Member: $35
- Non-Member: $70
- Continuing Education Credit:
- This webinar offers: 0.2 CEUs, 2.0 CPDs, and 0.2 CAL-FIRE approved CEUs.
- To receive continuing education credits for the webinar you must do all of the following:
- Register individually using your name that matches your fitter certification, if applicable.
- Provide your fitter ID# at registration to receive CAL-FIRE approved CEUs
- Connect with your unique webinar link
- Do not share or use someone else's unique webinar link.
- Attend the webinar in its entirety
- Respond to each checkpoint question
- Submit a completed evaluation form within 14 days of the webinar
If you register someone else that is not currently in the system, you MUST provide their email address for access to log in and to receive CE Credits.
Webinar time is displayed in Central Time by default. Please check your time zone to ensure you connect at the right time:
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Pacific Time
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM Mountain Time
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Central Time
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern Time