Attendees will get an overview of how sprinkler industry consensus drives the rigorous program development process with a focus on Inspection and Testing of Water-Based Systems and Water-Based Systems Layout. This webinar will include an update on new activities underway for certifications in Fire Protection. It will also cover how training and certification go hand-in-hand to ensure a qualified workforce for the benefit and safety of the public.
Upon completion of this webinar attendees will be able to:
1. Efficiently use the new online portal to apply for exams, submit experience documentation, and recertify.
2. Select the appropriate certification for the role.
3. Identify methods for earning CPD points for recertification.
4. Apply Career Track certification to build a qualified workforce.
5. Describe the value of certification to employees, customers, and AHJs.
6. Restate any new activities underway for certifications in Fire Protection
Chip Hollis, NICET Senior Director
At NICET, Mr. Hollis is responsible for implementing the policies and directions established by the NICET Board of Governors and daily operations. He promotes the value of NICET certification to technicians, employers, contract specifiers, AHJs, and other stakeholders. He strives to create a customer-friendly environment and improve processes while preserving the rigor and integrity of NICET certifications.
- The webinar connection and content is FREE to all AFSA members.
- The non-member rate is $250.
- This webinar offers 1.0 CPDs. It does not award any CEUs.
- This webinar does not offer CAL FIRE-approved CEUs.
- There is a nominal fee of $20 for CEUs (per person).
If you register someone else that is not currently in the system, you MUST provide their email address for access to log in and to receive CE Credits.