AFSA Beginning Fire Sprinkler System Planning School
The Beginning Fire Sprinkler System Planning School presents a comprehensive, practical approach to preparing fire sprinkler system drawings. Students receive two full weeks of instruction, 60% of which is study and review of NFPA 13 (2016). The other 40% is the preparation of fire sprinkler system layout, shop drawings and how to do hydraulic calculations by hand. There is no CAD or third-party software taught in this class.
For Beginners Without any Knowledge of Design
The school is designed to train a beginner without any knowledge and or experience of design to be productive immediately upon returning to work. The students learn by actually planning and drawing sprinkler systems while studying and applying NFPA 13 (2016 Edition).
For more info, call: 214-349-5965, ext. 117.
This school will prepare the student to:
- Accelerate the comprehension of plans and various types of building construction for proper sprinkler spacing applications.
- Determine the proper and economic planning of sprinkler system layout and installation methods.
- Know the importance of sprinkler specifications, types of pipe, hangers, fittings, flow tests, etc.
- Learn to develop shop drawings from start to finish.
- Learn to coordinate with other trades - plumbing, mechanical, structural and electrical.
- Perform manual hydraulic calculations by hand, preparing the student for a more natural decision-making process when using a computer to perform hydraulics.
- Prepare shop drawings in class for projects with different applications.
Highly Suggested Reading List Prior to First Class:
TI-30XS Scientific Calculator
Primer Reading List
AFSA Member: $1,500
Join us today to receive the member rate.
Registration for non-members opens 6 weeks before the first day of each session.
- up to 30 days prior = refund minus $150
- up to 14 days prior = 50% refund
- within 14 days of class = no refund
- Up to 30 days prior = $150 rescheduling fee
- Up to 14 days prior = $300 rescheduling fee
- Within 14 days of class = $500 rescheduling fee
All cancellations/changes must be made in writing.
No cancellations by phone.
- Maximum enrollment of 18 students per school. Many classes sell out in advance.
- No Registrations accepted over the phone.
- Submit completed registration form with payment online, by fax or by mail.
- Students are not registered to attend until a confirmation is received from AFSA Headquarters.
LOCATION / HOUSING
Training Facility Location:
AFSA Training Center
12750 Merit Drive, Suite 351
Dallas, TX 75251
Residence Inn Dallas Park Central
7642 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy
Dallas, TX 75251
Special AFSA Group Rate
$89 / night + tax (single)
To make hotel reservations, call 972-503-1333. Accommodations, food, travel arrangements, etc. are not included in registration fee.
Please DO NOT make travel arrangements until your registration has been confirmed by EMAIL or FAX by AFSA.