AFSA Beginning Fire Sprinkler System Planning School
The Beginning Fire Sprinkler System Planning School presents a comprehensive, practical approach to preparing fire sprinkler system drawings. Students receive two full weeks of instruction, 60% of which is study and review of NFPA 13 (2016). The other 40% is preparation of fire sprinkler system layout, shop drawings and hydraulic calculations. The school is designed to train a beginner to be productive immediately upon returning to work. This class is designed for those with no experience, or those who need assistance with design. The students learn by actually planning and drawing sprinkler systems while studying and applying NFPA 13 (2016 Edition).
For more info, call: 214-349-5965, ext. 132.
This school will prepare the student to:
- Accelerate the comprehension of plans and various types of building construction for proper sprinkler spacing applications.
- Determine the proper and economical planning of sprinkler system layout and installation methods.
- Know the importance of sprinkler specifications, types of pipe, hangers, fittings, flow tests, etc.
- Learn to develop shop drawings from start to finish.
- Learn to coordinate with other trades - plumbing, mechanical, structural and electrical.
- Perform manual hydraulic calculations. This prepares the student for an easier decision-making process when using a computer to perform hydraulics.
- Prepare shop drawings in class for projects with different applications.
AFSA Member: $1,400
Join us today to receive the member rate.
Registration for non-members opens 6 weeks before the first day of each session.
- up to 30 days prior = refund minus $150
- up to 14 days prior = 50% refund
- within 14 days of class = no refund
- Up to 30 days prior = $150 rescheduling fee
- Up to 14 days prior = $300 rescheduling fee
- Within 14 days of class = $500 rescheduling fee
All cancellations/changes must be made in writing.
No cancellations by phone.
- Maximum enrollment of 18 students per school. Many classes sell out in advance.
- Registrations cannot be made over the phone.
- Submit completed registration form with payment online, by fax or by mail.
- As always, you are not registered to attend until you receive confirmation from AFSA Headquarters.
LOCATION / HOUSING
Training Facility Location:
AFSA Training Center
12750 Merit Drive, Suite 351
Dallas, TX 75251
Residence Inn Dallas Park Central
7642 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy
Dallas, TX 75251
Special AFSA Group Rate
$89 / night + tax (single)
To make hotel reservations, call 972-503-1333.
Accommodations, food, travel arrangements, etc. are not
included in registration fee.
Please DO NOT make travel arrangements until your registration has been confirmed by EMAIL or FAX by AFSA.