Using the principles of hydraulics, the students will be able to select a remote area, perform hand calculations for tree systems, and identify and understand the different sections of the detailed hydraulic worksheet and where to place the appropriate system information. This module will provide a thorough understanding of the processes behind the various hydraulic calculation software used in the industry. Examples of hydraulic calculations for sprinkler, standpipes, and underground systems will be provided with a hands-on approach. After completing the lecture portion of the class, students will be able to apply their new knowledge to appropriately layout a sprinkler system and perform hand calculations.
This school will prepare the student to:
- Determine minimum starting flow and pressure
- Identify the forms of pressure loss
- Apply the appropriate design requirements to various water-based fire protection systems.
- Understand the outputs of hydraulic calculation software and the appropriate inputs to obtain an acceptable result
- Apply Hazen-Williams equation by changing variables (flow, roughness, and pipe size) to improve system performance
- Identify the appropriate use of Hazen-Williams, Darcy Wisebach, and Hardy-Cross Loop equations.
This class is ideally suited for students who have at least 2 years of design experience, equivalent to NICET Level II, and an understanding of sprinkler system installation rules and other basic concepts.
This course is approved for credit by the Florida Fire Safety Board.
AFSA Member: $500
Join us today to receive the member rate and secure your spot.
Up to 30 days prior: Refund minus $150
Up to 14 days prior: 50% Refund
Within 14 days: NO REFUND
Up to 30 days prior: $150 Rescheduling fee
Up to 14 days prior: $300 Rescheduling fee
Within 14 days: $500 Rescheduling fee
Accommodations, food, travel arrangements, etc. are not included in registration fee.
Please DO NOT make travel arrangements until your registration has been confirmed by EMAIL or FAX by AFSA.
LOGIN for AVAILABILITY!