Over the past and current editions, NFPA 13, Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems, has provided requirements for determining the water supply characteristics to be utilized in a sprinkler system design. When using water flow test data from a live test, adjustments to the raw results should be made to account for such things as seasonal fluctuations, droughts, daily usage, and other items. The 2022 edition of the NFPA 13 has new proposed language to make these adjustments mandatory in certain conditions. The AFSA Technical Services Department and the Board of Directors have concerns about this new proposed language as it may expose contractors to more liability. Your attendance at this webinar is strongly encouraged to keep you informed of the issues and to learn how you can help support the motion to accept AFSA’s public comment on this issue.
Upon completion of this webinar, participants should be able to:
1. Describe the current requirements contained in NFPA 13 regarding water flow test data and its use.
2. Explain the impact the new proposed language regarding water flow test data use will have if the new language is included in the 2022 edition of NFPA 13.
3. Discuss the NFPA standard development process and identify which steps are still available to impact the 2022 edition of NFPA 13.
- John August Denhardt, P.E., FSFPE - AFSA's Vice President of Engineering & Technical Services
- Kevin Hall, P.E., MSFPE - AFSA's Coordinator of Engineering & Technical Services
- Jack Medovich, P.E. - Fire & Life Safety America's CEO
- Mike Meehan - VSC Fire & Security's President
- Terry Victor - Johnson Controls' Senior Manager of Industry Relations
Registration Fees (per person)
- Members: FREE
- Non-Member AHJs: $50
- Non-members: $270
- AHJ Members: $15
- AHJ Non-members: $65
- Contractor Members: $35
- Contractor Non-members: $305
Continuing Education Credits
- This webinar offers 0.1 CEUs and 1.0 CPDs.
- This webinar does not offer CAL FIRE-approved CEUs.
- There is a nominal fee for CEUs. See registration fees listed above.
If you register someone else that is not currently in the system, you MUST provide their email address for access to log in and to receive CE Credits.
The webinar time is listed in Central Time.