This webinar focuses on the installation of stationary fire pumps and the requirements of the 2016 edition of NFPA 20. This lecture-based seminar discusses pump types, electric motor and diesel engine drivers along with their associated controllers. The installation requirements for fire pumps are also reviewed.
Upon completion of this webinar attendees will be able to:
1. Explain the organization of NFPA 20;
2. Describe the various types of fire pumps; and
3. Locate and apply the basic installation requirements for stationary fire pumps, drivers, and controllers.
John August Denhardt, PE, FPE, FSFPE
John August Denhardt, PE, FPE, FSFPE, is Vice President of Engineering and Technical Services. He is responsible for strengthening AFSA's engineering and technical approaches to meeting member, industry and operational priorities, with an emphasis on service, quality, and integrity. Denhardt is a Professional Engineer (P.E.) registered in the District of Columbia as well as the states of Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, and Virginia. In addition to his P.E., he is a NICET Level III in Water-Based System Layout and Inspection & Testing of Water-Based Systems. A native of Maryland, Denhardt holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Fire Protection Engineering from the University of Maryland in College Park.
- AFSA Member: $35
- Non-Member: $70
- Continuing Education Credit:
- This webinar offers: 0.2 CEUs, 2.0 CPDs, and 0.2 CAL-FIRE approved CEUs.
- To receive continuing education credits for the webinar you must do all of the following:
- Register individually using your name that matches your fitter certification, if applicable.
- Provide your fitter ID# at registration to receive CAL-FIRE approved CEUs
- Connect with your unique webinar link
- Do not share or use someone else's unique webinar link.
- Attend the webinar in its entirety
- Respond to each checkpoint question
- Submit a completed evaluation form within 14 days of the webinar
If you register someone else that is not currently in the system, you MUST provide their email address for access to log in and to receive CE Credits.
Webinar time is displayed in Central Time by default. Please check your time zone to ensure you connect at the right time:
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM Pacific Time
9:00 AM - 11:00 AM Mountain Time
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM Central Time
11:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern Time