Compete for a chance to win an expense-paid trip to AFSA41: Convention, Exhibition and Apprentice Competition in Las Vegas. Finalists will also win an AFSA41 registration for their employer or guest, a set of hand tools, and cash prizes!
The deadline to enter has been extended to May 13, 2022.
AFSA sponsors an annual National Apprentice Competition. The competition consists of two phases.
Phase I will consist of a two-hour multiple choice proctored exam to be taken online. A webcam is required for testing. AFSA has partnered with the online proctoring service Honorlock to proctor the Apprentice Competition Phase I exam. Apprentices will be provided with instructions on how to take the Phase I exam. The test must be taken between May 2 – June 5, 2022.
Seven finalists, apprentices representing member companies from across the country, will compete in Phase II to become the winner of this national competition. These contestants take a practical test in the Exhibit Hall during the AFSA Exhibition each year, as they cut, thread and install a steel & CPVC piping system with sprinkler heads and perform a pressure test. You will have the opportunity to see this competition from beginning to end. The seven finalists receive:
- an expense-paid trip to compete at AFSA41: Convention, Exhibition and Apprentice Competition in Las Vegas
- accommodations at the Bellagio Las Vegas
- a free full convention registration for each finalists and a guest determined by their employer
- cash award ($1,000, $2,000, $3,000, or even $5,000)
- brand new set of hand tools