- This event has passed.
Advanced Hydraulic Calculations Workshop
September 18 - September 20
This three-day, in-person workshop provides a deep dive into advanced hydraulic principles for standpipe systems, fire pump assemblies, and water storage tanks. Students will receive classroom instruction, work through examples, and complete practice exercises.
Member: $950 AHJ: $250
CEU: 2.25; CPD: 22.5; Contact Hours: 22.5
Florida Approval: Contractor I, II, III
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Determine minimum design requirements for standpipe systems
- Identify vertical standpipe system zone requirements
- Identify and apply requirements for pressure-regulating devices
- Apply principles of fire pumps necessary for hydraulic design, including:
- Suction, discharge, and net pressure
- Laws of affinity
- Fire pump selection
- Test header and pressure relief calculations
- Apply hydraulic principles of water storage tank design, including:
- Determine minimum capacity based on system demand
- Determine the minimum usable capacity of the tank
- Determine appropriate refill rates for break tanks
- Determine the maximum length of pipe supplying a fire pump
This course is ideally suited for experienced layout technicians seeking to attain a deeper understanding of hydraulic calculation principles for advanced systems, and apply that knowledge towards successful completion of NICET III and IV Water-Based Systems Layout certification (or equivalent) and job-specific scenarios.
- AFSA Provides:
- Manual (includes hydraulic graphs and worksheets), calculators, engineering graph paper notebooks, AFSA scale rulers, AFSA pens/pencils
- Student Provides:
- Printed copy or digital access to the 2019 editions of NFPA 13, 14, and 20. Other editions are also permitted.