- This event has passed.
AFSA Training Course For ASSE 15010 Certification Aug 2022
August 1 - August 5
The evaluation of fire protection systems for conformance to codes and standards, and determining if a sprinkler system is adequate based on building evaluations and uses, is beyond the scope of NFPA 25. A person certified to ASSE 15010 will have the qualifications to perform such evaluations, in consultation with a licensed engineer in some states.
This new AFSA course includes:
- 40 of the 80 required ITM training hours to be eligible for ASSE 15010 certification
- Delivered by ASSE-approved instructors, as required for certification
- Practical (hands-on) certification examination to include performing
– full-flow trip test of a dry pipe system
– trip test of a preaction system
– main drain test
– full flow test on diesel or electric-driven fire pump
- Written certification examination
- Approved proctors for both exams, as required by ASSE for certification
- Exam fees required for ASSE certification
- Instruction delivered at an ASSE-approved lab, as required for certification
- Evaluation and verification of certification prerequisites, as required by ASSE
- Verification of work experience and prior training
AFSA is an ASSE Approved Provider of the 15010 Certification Course
This description was adopted from the ASSE International website. Please refer to the ASSE 15010 Water-Based Fire Protection Certification page for complete details.
Member Price: $1,000
Nonmember Price: $1,800