- This event has passed.
Beginning Fire Sprinkler System Planning School
June 20, 2022 - July 15, 2022
The Beginning Fire Sprinkler System Planning School presents a comprehensive, practical approach to preparing fire sprinkler system drawings.
Over a three-week period, students will attend six live webinars studying and reviewing the installation and design approach requirements of NFPA 13 (2019) while completing self-paced exercises and module assessments. Q&A sessions and open discussions will also be included as part of the online instruction.
The second part of the class will be a week of in-person training preparing fire sprinkler system layout, shop drawings, and hydraulic calculations by hand. The course concludes with a comprehensive exam of the class content including the installation requirements and hydraulics.
There is no CAD or third-party software taught in this class.
The school will prepare the student to:
- Accelerate the comprehension of plans and various types of building construction for proper sprinkler spacing applications.
- Determine the proper and economic planning of sprinkler system layout and installation methods.
- Know the importance of sprinkler specifications, types of pipe, hangers, fittings, flow tests, etc.
- Learn to develop shop drawings from start to finish.
- Learn to coordinate with other trades – plumbing, mechanical, structural, and electrical.
- Perform manual hydraulic calculations by hand, preparing the student for a more natural decision-making process when using a computer to perform hydraulics.
- Prepare shop drawings in class for projects with different applications.
This class is designed for trainees and entry-level technicians with at least six months of experience as well as those with experience in the sprinkler trade looking to make the transition to system layout.
July – San Diego; September – Dallas; November – Orlando
The final week of each session will be hosted on location. Hotel location TBD.