Extended Coverage/Residential Sprinkler Obstructions
May 3 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+0
Extended coverage sprinklers and residential sprinklers are both known for the larger floor areas they are able to protect. How does this get impacted by obstructions? Learn what items are considered obstructions and the needed distances from the sprinklers in order to adequately protect the space. Not every obstruction can be avoided, but NFPA 13 provides guidance for many common scenarios.
1. Explain the impact of obstructions on extended coverage sprinklers.
2. Explain the impact of obstructions on residential sprinklers.
3. Discuss the variations in the rules for pendent, upright, and sidewall styles.
4. Use the obstruction guidelines to locate extended coverage and residential sprinklers efficiently.
Learn More and Register
Registration Fees (per person):
AFSA Member Without CEU: FREE
AFSA Member With CEU: $25.00
AHJ Without CEU: FREE
AHJ With CEU: $15
Continuing Education Credit:
This webinar offers: 0.1 CEUs, 1.0 CPDs
To receive continuing education credits for the webinar, you must do all of the following:
- Register individually using your name that matches your fitter certification, if applicable.
- Connect with your unique webinar link.
- Do not share or use someone else’s unique webinar link.
- Attend the webinar in its entirety
- Respond to each checkpoint question
- Submit a completed evaluation form within 14 days of the webinar
Please check your time zone to ensure you connect at the right time:
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM Pacific Time
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Mountain Time
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Central Time
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Eastern Time