- This event has passed.
Get Involved in the NFPA Process
February 15 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CST
While the ink may still be drying on the 2022 edition of NFPA 13, the technical committees are hard at work preparing for the second draft meetings of the 2025 edition. This session will look at how you can get involved in the discussion and the development of the standard that provides the guiding principles for our industry. This session will look at the consensus standards development process, show how individuals can make their mark, and share their firsthand perspective on the requirements of NFPA 13.
Upon completion of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
1. Work with the AFSA at the regional and national level to get involved in standards development
2. Understand how to read the first draft report so that you can see where the standard is moving as they head into the second draft meeting
3. Learn how to submit a public comment to the NFPA 13 technical committees
Registration Fees (per person):
AFSA Member with no CEU: FREE
AFSA Member with CEU: $25
AHJ without CEU: FREE
AHJ with CEU: $15
Continuing Education Credit:
This webinar offers: 0.1 CEUs, 1.0 CPDs
To receive continuing education credits for the webinar, you must do all of the following:
- Register individually using your name that matches your fitter certification, if applicable.
- Connect with unique webinar link
- Do not share or use someone else’s unique webinar link.
- Attend the webinar in its entirety
- Respond to each checkpoint question
- Submit a completed evaluation form within 14 days of the webinar
Please check your time zone to ensure you connect at the right time:
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM Pacific Time
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Mountain Time
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Central Time
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Eastern Time