Hands-On Course for Inspection, Testing & Maintenance of Water-based Fire Protection Systems
July 24 - July 26
This class will provide a 3-day hands-on review of the inspection, testing, and maintenance (ITM) requirements for sprinkler systems, standpipe systems, fire pumps, and common components for water-based fire protection systems through classroom-based review and hands-on demonstrations and practice. Half of the course includes a classroom-based review, and the other half consists of hands-on demonstrations and practice. Specific hands-on tests will vary and may include main drain test; valve status test; dry system trip test; preaction/deluge trip test; resetting dry and preaction/deluge valves; weekly, monthly, and annual fire pump tests; and air supplies (air compressors and nitrogen generators).
Upon completion, participants will be able to:
- Identify required periodic inspection, testing, and maintenance requirements for water-based fire protection systems and system components.
- Perform required periodic inspection, testing, and maintenance requirements for water-based fire protection systems and system components.
- Interpret the results from periodic inspection, testing, and maintenance activities.
- Handout slides
- Three copies of the hydraulic graph
- One NFPA Inspection form per student
- One notebook per student
- AFSA Pens
- AFSA scales
- Physical copy of NFPA 25, 2020 edition
Credits & Approvals:
- CPDs: 22.5
- CEUs: 2.25
- Contact Hours: 22.5
- FL Approval: FP17079-22.5 (expires July 2022)
- Contractor I, II, III & WB Inspector
- This course is approved for credit by the Florida Fire Safety Board.