- This event has passed.
Installation of Storage Sprinklers – Proposed Updates to the 2025 Edition of NFPA 13
October 27 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
Contact Hours: 0.1 CEU | 1.0 CPD | 1.0 Contac Hour
Standards Referenced: NFPA 13, 2025 edition (First Draft)
NFPA 13 recently met and created the first draft revisions for the 2025 edition. Several major updates to the installation requirements for storage sprinklers, including modifications to obstruction rules for CMSA sprinklers, introducing a new concept of “supplemental sprinklers,” and the allowance of storage sprinklers to be installed in sloped ceilings. This webinar will discuss these proposed changes and other important sections related to the installation of storage sprinklers.
At the conclusion of this presentation, the attendees will be able to:
- Determine the maximum ceiling slope permitted for storage sprinklers
- Define “supplemental sprinklers”
- Identify when supplemental sprinklers need to be included in the hydraulic calculations
- Identify and apply new positioning rules with obstructed construction and sloped ceilings
- Apply the “shift” rule for isolated obstructions to ESFR sprinklers