- This event has passed.
Modifications of Existing Systems
April 5 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CDT
The single-point density concept was finally adopted for the 2022 edition of NFPA 13, and the area/density curves became obsolete. This change sparked an overhaul of the Modification to Existing Systems chapter in NFPA 13 and included a lot more direction for changes to systems already in service. This webinar will review the new structure of the existing systems chapter and additional requirements for evaluating, modifying, and testing existing systems.
Upon completion of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
1. Identify the existing system requirements that were relocated from Chapters 4-29 to Chapter 30
2. Identify and apply the five new parent sections in the reorganization of Chapter 30
3. Identify installation allowances for existing systems
4. Identify appropriate design criteria for modifications based on the installed system
5. Identify and apply acceptance test allowances for existing systems
Registration Fees (per person):
AFSA Member with no CEU: FREE
AFSA Member with CEU: $25
AHJ without CEU: FREE
AHJ with CEU: $15
Continuing Education Credit:
This webinar offers: 0.1 CEUs, 1.0 CPDs
To receive continuing education credits for the webinar, you must do all of the following:
- Register individually using your name that matches your fitter certification, if applicable.
- Connect with your unique webinar link
- Do not share or use someone else’s unique webinar link.
- Attend the webinar in its entirety
- Respond to each checkpoint question
- Submit a completed evaluation form within 14 days of the webinar
Please check your time zone to ensure you connect at the right time:
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM Pacific Time
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Mountain Time
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Central Time
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Eastern Time