- This event has passed.
Proposed Updates to NFPA 13
March 1 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CST
The 2025 edition of NFPA 13 is currently out for public comment, and this webinar will review the changes that can be found in the first draft report and topics from the public input stage that can be brought back up for discussion. This webinar will specifically discuss the first revisions made by the installation and discharge committees of the NFPA 13 and any committee inputs that are seeking public comment.
Upon completion of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
1. Identify new definitions added as first revisions and their applicability to the rest of the standard
2. Identify and apply changes to the owner’s certificate, including water supply, seismic design, and corrosion treatments.
3. Determine the maximum protection area per sprinkler system
4. Understand the reorganized requirements for dry systems and apply new requirements
5. Define “supplemental sprinklers” and apply the new installation and design requirements associated with them
6. Identify new requirements based on the Fire Protection Research Foundation’s report on sloped ceilings
Registration Fees (per person):
AFSA Member no CEU: FREE
AFSA Member with CEU: $25
AHJ no CEU: FREE
AHJ with CEU: $15
Continuing Education Credit:
This webinar offers: 0.1 CEUs, 1.0 CPDs
To receive continuing education credits for the webinar, you must do all of the following:
- Register individually using your name that matches your fitter certification, if applicable.
- Connect with your unique webinar link
- Do not share or use someone else’s unique webinar link.
- Attend the webinar in its entirety
- Respond to each checkpoint question
- Submit a completed evaluation form within 14 days of the webinar
Please check your time zone to ensure you connect at the right time:
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM Pacific Time
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Mountain Time
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Central Time
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Eastern Time