- This event has passed.
Proposed Updates to NFPA 13R, 13D
July 6 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+0
NFPA 13R, the Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems in Low-Rise Residential Buildings, and NFPA 13D, the Standard for the Installation of Sprinkler Systems in One- and Two-Family Dwellings, are currently in cycle for the 2025 edition. This webinar will discuss the significant changes proposed for each document, including correlating definitions among all three sprinkler installation standards, a reorganization of NFPA 13D to correct extraneous sections and requirements added over several revision cycles, and new language to help the user apply hydraulic calculation requirements.
1. Identify definitions in Chapter 3 that were modified to correlate with all sprinkler installation standards
2. Determine when NFPA 24 or the local plumbing code needs to be used for the installation of underground pipe in NFPA 13R installations
3. Locate and apply correlated and enhance sprinkler temperature-rating requirements
4. Identify new installation requirements for concealed spaces with fuel-fired equipment in NFPA 13D installations
5. Identify updates to NFPA 13D calculation worksheets
Registration Fees (per person):
AFSA Member Without CEU: FREE
AFSA Member With CEU: $25.00
AHJ Without CEU: FREE
AHJ With CEU: $15
Continuing Education Credit:
This webinar offers: 0.1 CEUs, 1.0 CPDs
To receive continuing education credits for the webinar, you must do all of the following:
- Register individually using your name that matches your fitter certification, if applicable.
- Connect with unique webinar link.
- Do not share or use someone else’s unique webinar link.
- Attend the webinar in its entirety
- Respond to each checkpoint question
- Submit a completed evaluation form within 14 days of the webinar
Please check your time zone to ensure you connect at the right time:
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM Pacific Time
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Mountain Time
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Central Time
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Eastern Time