- This event has passed.
Remote Inspection, Testing, and Maintenance of Fire Pumps
February 1 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CST
Date: 2/1/23 Time: 9:00 AM Pacific Time / 11:00 AM Central Time
As more and more emphasis is given to the Internet of Things (IoT), the use of electronic devices to determine the status of water-based fire protection systems is getting a lot of attention. Recent changes to NFPA 20 and to NFPA 13, 14, and 25 allow for the use of these devices for automated inspection and testing and distance monitoring. This webinar will explain these recent allowances in the NFPA standards and explore the possibilities of using electronic devices and circuitry within the fire pump controllers to perform ITM functions to satisfy NFPA 25.
Upon completion of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
1. Explain the new allowances in the water-based fire protection systems standards that enable electronic devices to perform ITM functions.
2. Describe the types of devices used to perform ITM functions in a fire pump room.
3. Discuss the pros and cons of performing ITM remotely instead of in person.
4. Identify limitations that we know of today for remote ITM that could be resolved soon.
Registration Fees (per person):
AFSA Member with no CEU: FREE
AFSA Member with CEU: $25
AHJ without CEU: FREE
AHJ with CEU: $15
Continuing Education Credit:
This webinar offers: 0.1 CEUs, 1.0 CPDs
To receive continuing education credits for the webinar, you must do all of the following:
- Register individually using your name that matches your fitter certification, if applicable.
- Connect with unique webinar link
- Do not share or use someone else’s unique webinar link.
- Attend the webinar in its entirety
- Respond to each checkpoint question
- Submit a completed evaluation form within 14 days of the webinar
Please check your time zone to ensure you connect at the right time:
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM Pacific Time
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Mountain Time
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Central Time
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Eastern Time