- This event has passed.
ITM of Standpipe Systems (CAL FIRE)
July 19 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC+0
This session will examine requirements for inspection, testing, and maintenance of standpipe systems according to the 2020 edition of NFPA 25. Presenters will discuss key equipment installed on standpipe systems and how it should be tested. Discussion will include evaluating test results, how to classify conditions that could impact the performance of the standpipe system, and potential changes to NFPA 25 and NFPA 14 that could impact future standpipe testing.
1. Examine current requirements for periodic standpipe system inspection, testing, and maintenance.
2. Discuss key equipment installed on standpipe systems, such as hose valves, pressure-regulating devices, and pressure-restricting devices.
3. Identify methods of conducting flow testing of standpipe systems and hydrostatic testing of standpipe systems and fire department connections.
4. Analyze testing results and determine how to classify findings that may impact system performance.
5. Evaluate potential changes being discussed to NFPA 14 and NFPA 25 that could impact future inspection, testing, and maintenance of standpipe systems.
Registration Fees (per person):
AFSA Member Without CEU: FREE
AFSA Member With CEU: $25.00
AHJ Without CEU: FREE
AHJ With CEU: $15
Continuing Education Credit:
This webinar offers: 0.1 CEUs, 1.0 CPDs
To receive continuing education credits for the webinar, you must do all of the following:
- Register individually using your name that matches your fitter certification, if applicable.
- Connect with unique webinar link.
- Do not share or use someone else’s unique webinar link.
- Attend the webinar in its entirety
- Respond to each checkpoint question
- Submit a completed evaluation form within 14 days of the webinar
Please check your time zone to ensure you connect at the right time:
9:00 AM – 10:00 AM Pacific Time
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM Mountain Time
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM Central Time
12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Eastern Time