- Access to FREE Technical Reviews, which are written interpretations available from the Technical Services Department, on any subject related to automatic fire sprinklers. Use this benefit as an Extension of your Design Staff.
- Exclusive Members-Only access to the online Informal Interp Archives
- Weekly technical info through the Tech Update eNewsletter
Education & Training
AFSA’s membership benefits include substantial DISCOUNTS and access to the best in education and training for:
- Fitter Apprenticeship Training: Commercial and Residential
- System Layout / Designer
- Inspection, Testing, & Maintenance of Water-Based Systems
- Foremanship / Sales / Estimating / Project Management
- Supervisor Online Training
- Updates and latest changes to industry codes, standards, through correspondence courses, hands-on classes, seminars, live and on-demand webinars, and online courses
- All AFSA members are entitled to a FREE, initial legal consultation, over the phone, with a nationally known attorney who specializes in labor litigation
- After this initial consultation, if necessary, the attorney will connect you with a law firm in your area who will take on your case
- Chapter involvement increases your awareness of developments in your region and it increases public awareness.
- AFSA Chapters work aggressively in state and local legislatures for positive fire safety requirements, as well as watching for legislation that may be detrimental to merit shop contractors.
- Chapters help to bring AFSA news, events, initiatives, and training opportunities to the local level.
- Chapters provide networking opportunities with industry leaders and manufacturer/supplier associates.
AFSA Convention & Exhibition
- AFSA holds the largest fire sprinkler industry convention and exhibition in North America.
- In addition to presenting the latest in products and technology, the convention includes a wide variety of industry-related business and technical seminars.
Public Relations / Industry Promotion
- AFSA works within the industry and the media to promote fire safety and awareness of the value of fire sprinklers in saving lives and property
- AFSA is a source of information on legislative activities and serves as a clearing house for information and statistics that help promote fire sprinklers in your local area
- AFSA was one of the founding members of the Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition, an organization dedicated to the life-saving value of home fire sprinkler protection
- As an AFSA member, you will receive a discount on all products and services including technical reference products, seminars, training courses, and convention registration
- Exclusive Members-Only discounts on NFPA Standards
- Actively participate in the Association through local chapters, committees, educational opportunities, and the convention
- Your involvement with the Association can help create a better informed and educated member experience
- AFSA acts as your liaison with other associations involved in fire safety, government agencies that can affect your business environment, and Authorities Having Jurisdiction
- AFSA helps to create awareness of the dangers of fire by working with the U. S. Fire Administration (USFA) and organizations such as the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition (HFSC), and International Association of Fire Chiefs (IAFC)
- AFSA leaders regularly testify before Congress, state legislatures, and city councils and represent the industry at code conferences and other arenas for debate on fire and life safety
AFSA also represents your interests on NFPA technical committees that dictate the installation requirements for our industry
- Receive valuable and timely industry information through Sprinkler Age magazine and AFSA’s many eNewsletters
- Exclusive Members-Only AFSA website access
AFSA’s Ultimate Fire Sprinkler Guide, an Online Buyers Guide for Contractor members
- AFSA’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram serve as valuable tools to build relations, increase learning, and connect with other members via social media avenues