AFSA created the Design School Scholarship Program for AFSA Contractor members in Categories 1-3 to aid in training fire sprinkler layout technicians for their design departments. A limited number of scholarships have been allocated to this program and will assist students in attending the beginning and intermediate design schools taught by AFSA.
Eligible Contractor members will select an employee and they will complete the application together. Applications will be judged by the Public Education & Awareness Committee’s Scholarship Sub-Committee each quarter.
The retail value of this package is $4,500.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements
- The AFSA Design School Scholarship is open to designers employed by Category 1-3 AFSA Member Contractor companies.
- Scholarship funds are payable to the designer’s employer; the designer must enroll within the calendar year.
- Recipients will be ranked based on the level of demonstrated need deemed by the committee.
Scholarship Contest Deadline
The deadline(s) are six weeks prior to the start of the school that you are applying for.
- Scholarship entries are ONLY accepted online through the AFSA Design School Scholarship website.
- Entrants must submit a completed entry form with all required information. Before design school scholarship funds are awarded, all information submitted on the entry form by the entrant will be verified. The student will be disqualified if any false or misleading information is submitted on the entry form.
Scholarship winners’ applications will be reviewed by the Public Education & Awareness Scholarship Sub-Committee.
- AFSA will contact each winner’s employer by email and phone.
- Once you are confirmed as a winner, AFSA will send you the appropriate forms to complete. AFSA will cover the design school registration fee, and a check will be issued to your employer to be used for travel expenses, including airfare and hotel. Funds will be issued directly to individuals. All forms and processes must be completed within sixty (60) days of the winner notification, or your scholarship is forfeited.