Day One Safe One Video
This members-only benefit is designed to give new hires an idea of what to expect on the job, and to make sure that they maintain a safe working environment from day one. This new AFSA employee orientation presentation helps to make onboarding a new employee fast and easy. The presentation incorporates an audio narrated slideshow with videos to make learning easy.
With a run time of less than 20 minutes, the presentation briefly covers a variety of topics and tools that a new hire might expect to see on the job, including codes of conduct and basic first aid as well as basic types of equipment such as job site personal protective equipment, tools, sprinkler heads, pipe, fittings, and much more.
Login to view or download the movie
Contractor’s Tool Box Talks
These toolbox talks were put together especially for the fire sprinkler contractor. Their purpose is to assist sprinkler contractors in their efforts in preventing and controlling losses through continuous safety training.
The topics address the exposures sprinkler contractors face on a daily basis and proportionately reflect the loss trends of sprinkler contractors for the period 1/97 – 12/07.
Introduction & Overview
- Aerial Lift-Pre-Operational Inspection
- Aerial Lift Mounting and Dismounting Procedures
- Aerial Platform Safety
- Fall Protection Requirements Apply!
- Floor and Wall Openings
- Floor Openings – Cover or Protect
- Ladders & Stairs (OSHA Resources)
- Back Injuries in Construction
- Healthy Backs in the Mechanical Trades
- Lifts & Loads: Lifting by 2 Persons
- Material Handling on Construction Sites
- Mini Breaks During the Day
- Minimizing Musculoskeletal Fatigue
Misc. Safety Topics
Other Industry Issues
- Back Injuries
- Back Injury Prevention
- Contractor Equipment: A Guide to Better Security
- Crime Proof Your Jobsite – Audit
- Drug and Alcohol / Substance Abuse Awareness
- FAQs on Ergonomics
- Improving Security at your Construction Site
- Internal Theft Prevention
- Water Damage Prevention – General Reminders
- Water Damage Prevention – Top 3 Causes
- Water Damage Prevention – Miscellaneous Precautions
- Your Three Job Priorities