This is AFSA’s Learning Management System (LMS).
All course level exams will be available for apprentices to take once they log into Canvas. However, you as the employer dictate the exam schedule.
Level 1 = 16. Level 2 = 7. Level 3 = 8. Level 4 = 5
Programming is being finalized to send you reports via email and to appear in your Training Coordinator portal as usual. In the meantime, your apprentice can show you their grades while logged into Canvas. These can also be printed or saved as PDFs.
Verify first that they are logging in at Canvas (www.afsa.instructure.com), and not the other test site previously used.
On the Canvas login page, apprentices can select Forgot Password? and are then prompted to enter the email address associated with their Canvas account. If the email matches their account, password recovery instructions are sent to their email from Canvas. This may take up to 30 minutes. Apprentices should check their spam folder in case the email is directed there.
To help ensure the integrity of AFSA testing and your company’s apprenticeship training, AFSA uses Integrity Advocate to proctor all Sprinkler Fitting 4e series exams virtually. This service is compatible with many camera-enabled devices using an Internet connection. It does not require an app or plugin download to use. More details are provided to apprentices in Canvas, including a demo that should be tested on their exam device before attempting an exam.
Please click here to learn more about this proctoring technology, view a demo, and test your device before taking an exam.
These Exam Rules are also provided to apprentices in Canvas.
- Only take an exam when authorized by your instructor or supervisor to do so.
- Before taking each exam, you must show identification (driver’s license or other government-issued ID).
- Your ID’s first and last name must match the name of your Canvas account. If you need to make changes to your registered student name, have your Employer contact AFSA.
- You must use a camera-enabled device (including but not limited to a desktop, laptop, tablet, or mobile phone) and be connected to a stable Internet.
- You must remain in view of the camera for the exam duration.
- Choose a quiet, well-lit area with no other people nearby.
- This is an exam. No other people should be in your area, and background noise should be avoided.
- All exams are closed-book.
- You may use a calculator when applicable.
- No external resources (headphones, cell phones, open books, etc.)
- Exams must be completed in one sitting.
- The time limit is 1 hour.
- Note: If you are prepared and have read the module, it should not take longer than 30 minutes to complete an exam. There are 10-20 questions per exam.
These exams are protected by copyright. All rights reserved. Reproduction, storage in a retrieval system, or transmission in any form or by any means, including electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or likewise, of this work is strictly prohibited.
70 or above.
This Retake Policy is also provided to apprentices in Canvas.
- Apprentices must notify the instructor or supervisor any time an exam is failed.
- The apprentice should re-review the content in the book.
- The apprentice should direct all content questions to the instructor/supervisor.
- Complete the Retake Request form to initiate a new attempt for the failed exam. An apprentice or instructor/supervisor can complete this form. Allow 1-2 business days for processing.
- Once a new attempt is added to the apprentice’s failed exam, the training coordinator on record is notified. It is up to the training coordinator, instructor, or supervisor to authorize the apprentice when it is appropriate to retake the failed exam. This is to prevent unauthorized retakes without employer approval.
There are five (5) exam reattempts for the entire course level, not five reattempts per exam. Once all five reattempts are used at the course level, a fee of $20 per reattempt thereafter is assessed.
You will be billed upon completion of each level. Certificates are not issued until all balances are paid.
Replacement textbooks can be specially ordered by requesting an order form. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an order form. The replacement cost is $150 + shipping for AFSA members.
Canvas Support is Available 24/7
On the left side of each Canvas web page is a Help icon apprentices can use to initiate contact with Canvas Support via phone or chat. It also includes links to user guides. Canvas Support can assist with connection issues, login issues, etc.
Canvas Support Hotline: 877.404.4990
Canvas Support Email: email@example.com
Integrity Advocate Support is Available 24/7
Click here to learn more about this proctoring technology, view a demo, and test your device before taking an exam.
AFSA Staff Support Available Monday-Friday, 8 am – 5 pm CT
Ask to speak with Education Services staff.
For training questions about your apprentices’ progress, status, exam results, etc.
For assistance placing course orders or determining the status of orders placed, etc.