These are the primary codes and installation standards affecting sprinklers.
There are occupancy standards that can impact sprinklers, such as NFPA 318: Semiconductor Fabrication Facilities or NFPA 409: Aircraft Hangars that can apply. Applicable portions of these other standards are shown in chapter 22 of NFPA 13.
See NFPA for latest edition (and prior editions) of all NFPA documents.
- 11 Low Expansion Foam
- 13 Sprinkler Systems
- 13D Sprinkler Systems in 1 & 2 Family Dwellings
- 13R Sprinkler Systems (Residential)
- 14 Standpipe & Hose Systems
- 15 Water Spray Fixed Systems
- 16 Foam-Water Sprinkler Systems
- 20 Centrifugal Fire Pumps
- 22 Water Tanks for Private Fire Protection
- 24 Private Fire Service Mains
- 25 Water-Based Fire Protection Systems
- 30 Flammable & Combustible Liquids Code
- 101 Life Safety Code
- 170 Fire Safety Symbols
- 303 Marinas and Boatyards
- 318 Semiconductor Fabrication Facilities
- 409 Aircraft Hangars
- 750 Water Mist System
- 5000 Building Code